<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 27, 2003

Sick and tired... 

Well, it looks like I caught whatever Dirk has... ;) I've been trying to gargle with salt water and have some horehound mixed into honey. Hoping it is just a bug and not strep.

I did venture out of the house once, however. Had a coupon for Hollywood Video that let you get 3 movies for 99 cents each. I picked up Madadayo and A Better Tomorrow, while Mom grabbed Minority Report (which I'll probably end up watching as well). All of them sounded interesting (and I've already enjoyed The Killer and Hard Boiled from John Woo) while being titles I wouldn't be so likely to buy unseen. I'll do a brief write-up on them afterward... =)

I almost went for Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, but it seems certain I'll enjoy it and may just buy it if I can find it fairly cheap (my birthday's coming up!). Fulltime Killer sounded interesting and I want to see the American version of The Ring (I have the Japanese original on DVD), but they'll just have to wait until next time...

Actually, speaking of DVDs, I have a pretty respectable collection. I am 24, so you can certainly see that I grew up in the 80s and am fairly nostalgic.. ;) Lots of anime titles in there of course... A couple that got bought for Mom (Weird Al, Fright Night, Independance Day). There's even some stuff in there that I got amazingly cheap (like 2010 and Altered States) that I haven't actually watched yet..heh. I haven't put Two Towers or the Faculty and Fright Night II on the list yet (both for Mom) yet, so we're at just about 190 DVDs now, not counting the NewType Magazine promo ones...

What do you think of the titles on my list?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com