<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Contracts for manga creators in Japan.. 

I've started this thread to ask about how most creators of manga in Japan are payed, and what freedoms they have. Not as much concrete info. as I'd like so far, but some stuff is in there. From what I gather from Andrew and Osaka, most have a page rate for the anthologies but then royalties on GNs. Sounds like they they probably own their characters etc. but probably have still have some limitations. I'll see if I can dig up some more info. on the subject eventually. There's a book that goes into the industry from Sharon Kinsellas, but reviews seem pretty mixed about her accuracy... Seems like the two Schodt books are still the way to go for manga information, despite starting to show their age...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com