<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 08, 2003

Epic troubles... 

Just in case you haven't heard yet, Epic is aparantly becoming an anthology! As I mention in my post in there, I like anthologies when done well, but this sounds to me like something thrown together at the last minute. The lack of confidence they themselves express in the notice is pretty telling. In the end, it'll all depend on price for me. For $4, I might give it a shot. For $12, no way I'm going near the thing.

The sad thing is that if this crashes and burns (as it probably will), it'll be one more excuse for people to say "anthologies don't sell". And the fact that at least one of the creative teams hasn't been payed yet and aparantly all truly open submissions won't see light of day (Norwood being canceled etc), it is all looking pretty grim. I really do feel bad for all the effort the creators have put into these titles if it all comes to nothing in the end...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com