<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 08, 2003

The Eye... 

Bruce Baugh writes up the HK movie The Eye, and pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about it as well. I'd heard good things about the movie and decided to order the DVD (BTW, you can get it really cheap from here and it is a legit region 0 release). I have to say that I was happy with the purchase.

As Bruce mentions, what really impressed me was how it took her journey into being able to see seriously and would have been an interesting movie even without the supernatural elements. But combining the two makes for a pretty nice combination. While the movie does have creepy moments in it, I never felt like the movie was just an excuse to have those moments.

A lot of people seem to feel it is too dirivative or just not scary, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it, and despite being disturbed by some of the concepts, a lot of what I liked was the aspects other than the horror.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com