<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

A Modern Myth... 

Well, that Bob Layton article keeps on chugging along, and while I keep coming to defence of bookstores, I still really like comic shops when they are done well and couldn't help mentioning Modern Myths again.

Alan mentions that MM's owner Jim Crocker has a blog and it has just started to be updated again. Big props to Jim for mentioning Planetes, a very well-done realistic sci-fi manga (it is a weird sense of deja vu actually, because I bought the first volume from him and I remember him mentioning that it had looked good). It seems like he also listens to Shonen Knife, which is always a good thing.

BTW, Alan also reviewed the shop a while back and I agree 100%. The sheer volume of TPBs in this shop is overwhelming, the kid's section is great, it is laid out very well, etc. If I didn't live a half-hour away, I'd probably be in there every other day. As it is, the trek is always worth it. Keep up the good work Jim!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com