<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 15, 2003

Dirk goes to law school... 

So, Dirk has a large entry up about the situation of Paige Gifford's comic shop dealing with the IRS. I hadn't really commented on this until now as I didn't feel like I had anything to contribute with my limited knowledge of everything involved.

Not that I have that knowledge now, but it is really interesting to see Ms. Gifford claim one thing, then retailers say another (including Jim), and then Dirk come up with more on her defense. It is just another example showing how little most of us really know about all of this stuff. It really is kind of frightening the amount that we all assume certain things in order to get on with life.

So, I'm still not sure who's right, and I guess we'll have to wait and see for even more information to come out and everyone come to some sort of consensus on the matter.

It ties in a bit to when you know a lot about a certain subject or are privy to inside info. and then you see a story in the newspaper or TV with facts that are innacurate or plained skewed. It can really shake your faith in what you're told on a daily basis...

Whoever's fault this latest mishap is, it really is a shame for all these comic books to be destroyed, and for the industry to most likely lose one more comic shop..

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com