<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Movies... 

You know, something I've been doing lately has been to make a list of movies that I've watched. I've been doing it for a while now, ever since we got digital cable. I've also been trying to do the same thing with graphic novels from the library. I'll have to type up the lists at some point.. for now, how about the last two movies I watched?

Last night I caught Monsters Inc... I'd seen this one at the theaters a while back and hadn't seen it since. I forgot just how nice of a movie it is. Everything from the imaginative monsters to the main characters to the nice plot to the bloopers at the end. I think this is a real example of a family film. Something that youngsters and older folks can both enjoy, with the movie talking down to neither. I'll have to grab it on DVD one of these days... I also need to see Finding Nemo one of these days.

As for tonight? Tonight I watched one of the Three Colors trilogy from Krzysztof Kieslowski, this one: Blue. This is the "freedom" movie, and involves a woman who loses her husband and daughter in a car crash and has trouble dealing with the situation. She is played by Juliette Binoche, who IMO does a really good job of portraying quiet grief. For anyone who has dealt with grief and self-destructive feelings, there is a lot of little things in the movie that ring true.

So, a pretty interesting movie that also has a focus on music and of course the color blue. They played the other two movies (white and red) right after, but I was feeling kind of tired and the synopses of the others didn't sound as immediately interesting to me. But it is nice to have this stuff playing on TV (IFC), and I'll probably catch the others at some point...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com