<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 28, 2004

The power of Buddha... 

So, I was at Modern Myths yesterday looking for the newest Nausicaa. Seems like I was thwarted once again (a lot of stock was at i-con). However, I didn't want to leave empty-handed.

I almost got Mr. O, which really does look fun. But it is kind of thin for $13, even being a hardcover. I'll probably still get it at some point.

Considered the first volume of Age of Bronze and Hellboy... I almost went for the first Iron Wok Jan, which I keep putting off. But I could get that most places and wanted to get something a bit harder to find at regular locales..

In the end, I went for the first volume of Buddha. I know people have been a bit divided on if they like it or not, but flipping through it, I couldn't help but be impressed by Tezuka's visual style. The classic style of figures and animals and sense of pacing and panel layout is just really nice. The story also sounds pretty fascinating to me. And I'm usually ok with humor juxtaposed with serious elements, so hopefully I'll enjoy it. Plus, hopefully it'll be a good cash infusion for Mr. Crocker and Vertical Inc. (which from the sounds of it hasn't sold all that many volumes of Buddha). I'll give a review once I get a shot to read it..

(I also picked up the latest NewType USA. Lots of neat stuff in there as well. But more on that later).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com