<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

It bears repeating... 

I'm pretty sure I blogged about this in the past, but I'd say it is important enough to bring up again. Be sure to check out Ghost Town, a picture tour of an abandoned city near Chernobyl by a woman who enjoys riding her motorcyle through the area (and is the daughter of a nuclear scientist). It has actually been updated a lot since the last time I saw it. More pictures and descriptions and the english has been cleaned up a bit.

It really is haunting and something I think everyone should see at least once.. At 27 pages of material, it really is a great service that she has done for everyone to be able to see these images and find out more about what really happened at the time. I know that I was pretty ignorant of the current state of things there and some of the details of what got it that way, and I'm glad I was able to get a better understanding from someone who's actually there. Stuff like this is why I love the internet...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com