<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Daisy Kutter 

Wow, anyone else catch CBR's look at Daisy Cutter? This looks like a real winner to me. First of all the artwork is gorgeous. It manages to be both expressive and cartoony (iconic), while not seeming silly or too derived from manga. The shading is really well done and everything is crystal clear. I surely wouldn't mind if some other people decided to copy this style. :)

The story (former criminal now runs general store, and gets sucked back into things) is nothing new, but looks like it'll be done well judging from the preview. Also, the combo of old west and technology seems to work, and I think his description of the odd culture storm of places like California probably apt. Cowboy Bebop manages some of that feel, which he refers to as well...

Lastly, from all the discussion of "all ages" really meaning "for kids" much too often, this looks like an entry solidly in the former. I think Kibuishi has a real winner on his hands. I hope it manages to do well enough to finish its run...

I may actually get the monthlies for these, which is saying something for me...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com