<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Le Cirque de Karakuri 

Yukino did this post about the top 10 manga in Japan, and asked for information on the series. Of those mentioned, I'm really intrigued by the sound of Le Cirque de Karakuri:

Witega:
Karakuri Circus has a lead tough guy who has an illness that causes him to stop breathing if he doesn't hear people laugh on a regular basis and a kid whose family is trying to kill him using life-size puppets. Rather odd but I'd love to see more of it.

Andrew:
But Karakuri Circus turns out to be about so much more than that. The plot twists and sense of history (ten volume long flashbacks) make it really unique.
By the same author as Ushio and Tora.

This site has some info. as well. I'm not familiar with Kazuhiro's work, but his art style seems a bit of an older style combined with rough sketchy linework. I like this cover...

I suppose I'm just a sucker for bizzare plots involving circuses and puppets.. ;)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com