<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Whistle (soccer manga) coming from Viz! 

I have to say that this is good news. Whistle is a soccer manga from Mitsuru Adachi, who has done many classic series such as Touch and H2. I believe some of his short stories have been published in the US previously, but not any of his other works. I've heard some complaints on Whistle not being quite as good as some of his previous work, but I'm not sure if that only applies to the anime or not (which was animated quickly for the Cup in 2002). In any case, nice to see sports manga on the way. Also, while soccer isn't hugely popular as a spectator sport in the US, lots and lots of kids play it for school, so I'm thinking this might still hit an audience...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com