<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 25, 2004

David Welsh reviews Fake 

I'm always curious about the opinions of BL manga from people, as it is one of those genres unusual to the comics marketplace, previously just in fanfiction or novels like Anne Rice. David has a good review of Fake up. Obviously I'm not the target audience for this, but I watched the anime and found it pretty fun for what it was. I also find it really amusing for the shoe to be on the other foot. I'm sure most ladies have a time where they are watching a movie or something and get exasperated with some pandering elements. Watching something like Utena and having Touga draped shirtless over a car with his pants half undone helps put things in perspective of just how goofy any kind of fanservice is. ;)  But I can appreciate romance and fun characters, so something like Fake can work on that level...

Also check out Dave's Your And My Secret review if you missed it. Yet another title I need to grab one of these days...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com