<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 22, 2004

What a day... 

Wow... I'm sooo tired. Where I work, we've lost some people over the years, especially with the 9/11 financial crunch. Things seem better lately, but we still didn't need all the room we were taking up (two floors). It was decided to move everyone upstairs and then rent out the bottom. It is a pretty prime location, so we plan on moving everything over to an industrial park eventually (hopefully 6 months). However, the process of moving upstairs came first, and that started today......

It ends up that some people that were supposed to come and help with the move didn't show up, so it was up to us. We're all pretty close, so everyone didn't mind pitching in, but yikes it is a lot of work. Even one employee's son was helping out. Almost everyone had to shift around in some way (including most of the people already upstairs). I'd mentioned to one person the other day about my weak back, and he told everyone else, so that ended up well. I still helped out a lot (especially for dissasembling and reassembling computers), others covered the heaviest loads for me.

I'm not in the most amazing shape, so by the end of the day I was really fried and I could feel my back was getting really tired, but I sat down a bunch of times at that point and it helped a lot. We all also got free sandwiches out of it. Got to order what we wanted from a menu of a nice local place. I ended up being experimental and trying a panini (a particular kind of fried bread). The particular one was called Apple of My Eye and had honey shredded turkey with melted cheese, apple slices, and some grey pupon. Was really good! :)

I'm pretty happy with how the programming area turned out. We have a lot less space, but frankly we didn't need as much as we had and a ton of our books and printouts and boxes were way out of date and could go into storage. The best thing was that before we were in "the dungeon", a very dark area with no windows. Now we have a real window and it makes a big difference. I also grabbed a bigger monitor and mouse with a scroll-wheel, so that was good. Now I just need to steal some ram from another computer. 256mb is not really workable anymore! I used to have 768, but it got whittled down on me..heh...

Took a hot bath, and I think I'm in pretty good shape... Anyway, apologies for the boring cliched "let's talk about my day" stuff. :) It was just quite an ordeal...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com