<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 20, 2005

I've liked Scott Pilgrim for a thousand years! 

Ok, maybe not, but I sure enjoyed the second book: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Things really pick up the pace here, with lots of stuff coming together all at once. I should have re-read the first volume before this, because with the previous crew, new characters and occational time jumps, it got a bit confusing at times. Still, I get the feeling it'll flow a lot easier for me the second I go through them, and I WANT to read them again, so that's a good sign. ;)

I'd also like to point out that this volume has a great number of quotable lines in it that had me laughing out load (LOL?). I won't spoil them here, so you must read it for yourself..

I also wanted to point out this great article from a paper in Halifax. It gives a lot of information on the origins of the comic which I was totally ignorant of. It is probably all on Bryan's website somewhere, but I'm lazy. ;) A nice update on the live-action movie as well. [via Christopher, along with a great pic]

Related to the article and my current love-affair with eMusic, I looked around at some of the bands mentioned. Not only is Plumtree on there, but the song Scott Pilgrim is! I just bought it and I'll probably grab a couple of other tracks too, so I can rock out while reading the books. Interestingly enough, the song is just about 3 minutes long, so the perfect length for a yo-yo freestyle.. hmmm...

The (Oh Man!) What To Do from Thrush Hermit is on there too.

I don't see any Kupek on there, though. I guess I'll have to make due with downloading it for free. ;) I'd never gotten around to trying any of his music before now, but the ones on purevolume sound good so far. But here's a question. Shouldn't Kupek do a cover of Scott Pilgrim? Maybe it is in one of the torrents, but if it isn't, it should be. Then again, it might be too awesome for the world to handle!

Anyway, I better stop gushing or I'll sound like a Scottaholic. My excuse is that since I'm 26 years old, I'm predisposed to Pilgrim-addition. ;)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com