<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Sho Murase's ME2 



Well, a couple of days ago, David mentioned Sho's new series, called ME2 coming out from Tokyopop. However, I haven't seen anyone else talk about it yet, or even comment on his entry.

I don't much about the story, but I have to say that the artwork looks like it'll be great. Like some mad combination of Frank Miller and Ai Yazawa. Also interesting is that it looks to be done as vector artwork (that's how it seems anyway), which certainly gives interesting options for resizing and recoloring.

At first, I was worried about if this thing would be difficult to read due to the complexity of the images, but I'm thinking those splash images are probably a bit more extreme while the following looks more reasonable for a standard style (or at least for the supporting characters?):



Anyway, I have to say that the style has got me really excited. I hope that the story can live up to it. I haven't read her both book Sei yet, but I've been curious about that also. Can see some of her other work on her homepage and she also seems to have a blog.

Anyone know if there's been any interviews about the book yet or preview pages? I guess maybe it isn't that far along yet...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com